Tuesday 4 October 2016

Day 1 #uLearn16


Entry into the Energy Events Centre, Rotorua

Today is the first day of #uLearn16 and I have already been blown away by the respect for culture. Students from Selwyn Primary School, Rotorua performed tradition songs for us, the opening was in Maori and we. all participants, got to sing as well.

As a Darug woman, with little to no language due to the arrival of the British in 1770, I was moved to tears by the respect - how language and culture is taught without question to all students.

My goal for today is to network and learn about innovation in the classroom. Going to a conference in another country can be daunting, but the plus is that it is close to home. And the first time I haven't had to purchase an electric plug adaptor! It's the little things that count.

So Rotorua, I am here. Ready and willing to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment